Saturday 27 June 2009

A Trip To The Dentist

On The Dreaded Chair!! :(

It was snowing in chennai that day..the temperature was about minus six degrees..i was wearing a fur coat and a muffler...god i hate it when its winter in chennai :P,oww well enough of sarcasm i guess,so as u know it was another super hot day in chennai..a day when u can make maggie in seconds just by taking it outside(2 minutes and u will melt the noodles!!!)..so to sum up u can say that it was a normal day in chennai!!!.
My mom had a few problems with her teeth so she wanted to meet the dentist,as i havent visited the dentist in the last 21.5 years(the first 6 months of my life dont count as i had no teeth then 0-0) i decided to pay a little visit myself..so i told my mom that i would take the day off and accompany her(technically u can call it a day off as we still have to swipe in and swipe out!!!)..since my dad was the only one left in the family he also wanted to join us..so it was like basically a small family tour to the dentist,oww and i forgot to mention one more thing the dentist is also my cousin sister!!!!...so it was a sort of family reunion in a dental clinic or what ever u can call it :P.
My cousin is actually a professor in a super hot dental college..u might be confused of the tag "super hot" for a dental college..its funny because the moment i entered the place i was begining to think ' why dint i study B.D.S in this college' well the reason being the women there :P...it was like god had created so many beautiful women with one goal..to pull out teeth from a man's mouth!!!! :P ...so if u can maggie in seconds outside u can make it in nano seconds inside ! :D.
So the first question which i asked my cousin was what was the fee structure in the skool and bingo! i got the answer to my question..."The mystery of the 'swarming beauties' " had been solved!!!..the fee was like 15 lakhs for 3 years!!!,"elementary my dear watson" only rich chicks can afford so much...and in india its always the doctors, politicians or film actors who are rich enough to pay so much and obviously daughters of good looking parents would also be good looking :) well atleast most of the time :D...so it was time for me to get along with what i had come for..to get my teeth checked..so one look at my teeth andmy cousin asked me to go for scaling(which is basically cleansing the teeth!) and then she said i have 3 cavities which have to be filled!!!,well personaly i wasnt expecting the second half...so a bit of nerves there :(.I was first taken to a 'hygienist ' who just does scaling the whole day..well iam not being biased or anything but cleaning teeth the whole day for 365 days or in some cases 366 days dosnt sound like a great job to me!!!..(no offence),but she did a prime job on my teeth(god bless all the hygienists for their noble work!!) and the best part was i dint feel a thing..so after the process she asked me to brush my teeth properly every day or visit her once in 6 months..well think of it ,the later half sounds good..but i really dont think even she can help if i dont brush my teeth for 6 months straight :D,she would probably faint when i open my mouth :P..so after that it was my cousins turn on my teeth..and like an artist working on his canvas she set about on my teeth with atmost concentration and dedication..it wasnt as painfull as i thought it would be...even though a few times she actually hit my gums with the driller like thing instead of the teeth :)..it was okay bearable pain..oww and one thing which i forgot to mention was both my cousin and the hygienist were asking me questions when they were working on my teeth!!..well i had a truck load of cotton in my mouth not to mention a high powered vaccum tube to suck out water and then a machine which sprayed water at the rate of knotts on my teeth!!!! so u can imagine it was impossible to make even a sound which even remotely sounded like a 'yes' or a 'no',but the questions kept coming and i tried my best to answer .with what ever little space i had left in my mouth :)..well thats just a dentist's way of diverting their patients mind i guess :).On the whole it was a good experience solely because of my cousin who was so patient and carefull in handling my teeth...and i think i would pay a visit to that college again after 6 months..no worries i would brush my teeth twice a day :),this is for another reason..a reason which i have already mentioned above!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment